Djjaner Style DNB Djjaner Style DNB

I've never listened to Djjaner, but I'll have to take your audio for it! This is dope. I love the variation of the synths and how crazy you've made them. Stuff like at 1:48 is really cool and I haven't heard much like it. Two criticisms I'll bring up is I think there is some slight clipping with not enough bass. It could be my speakers, but it does slack a little bit, especially when there is room for it. However, that could be Djjaners style. I'll have to see if it rules as much as this does.

Cethic responds:

If you listen to my own stuff you'll notice it's a lot cleaner with a lot more care put into it. This song was made in a total of about 45 minutes to an hour. Including mixing and mastering. The idea was as you said, to just simply imitate Djjaners style.

I appreciate the review though!

GearWax- Bomber GearWax- Bomber

The first thing that comes to my mind immediately is the lack of bass in a drum and bass song. While I understand you are using Garageband, the bass is a little bit...goofy? This probably comes from it just being a Garageband VST, but if you wanna take it up a notch, get your hands on some professional synths to get that sweet as low end, like Massive, FM8 or try Reason as your DAW. I'm also going to agree with Darkburst on it being too quiet. Whilst there is a volume button, if I was to open this next to another drum and bass song on full volume, that other drum and bass song would easily be a lot louder than yours, and it's something you learn while mastering (which I have no idea how to do lele). I like it, I just don't feel that it deserves to be put under "drumnbass". Keep going though. Kick me with bass.

GearWax responds:

Ignore anything darkburst says, it's pretty clear that it's a salt review after I gave him a bad review.
But anyway, the reason I put it under Drum and Bass was because it didn't really have a defined style to begin with. The VST I used was Retro Bass, after I EQ'd it to hell. I'm upgrading my DAW to Logic Pro soon so that shouldn't be a problem.
The reason the song is as quiet as it is is because of how many times it peaks sound with its explosions.
But anyway, thanks.

{!RGH} Turkish Delights {!RGH} Turkish Delights

Moody. Instantly. It's instantly slowly menacing but sexy, somewhere in between Nine Inch Nail's first albums. Those staccato synths at 1:07 is what drew me in. Songs like this are hard to review because there isn't a clear thing to analyse, you just kinda lose yourself in the pads. If I did have to make a criticism though, your sounds do sounds a little bit stock. That's not to say they aren't good, but they would be a lot more interesting and defined if they weren't so stocky. This shouldn't be a problem, as it's clear you're competent at building synth sounds. Moody industrial works for you. I like.